Need assistance? Your local ACS is here to help!
First, determine your eligibility:
Visit stop in your nearest ACS for a pre-screening!
I've been found eligible, what's next?
- First, your ACS Counselor will print the forms you need and recommend payment to the certifying official.
- Next, takes a copy of the application and supporting documentation to your Personnel Administration Center (PAC).
- The PAC prepares a DA Form 4187, Personnel Action Request Form and forwards the package to the service member's first field grade officer in the chain of command for certification.
- Once the application is certified, the PAC will forward the approved DA 4187 to the DMPO/Finance Battalion.
- The Finance Battalion will forward all requests to DFAS-IN for processing and payment.
Service members must recertify every year in February for the FSSA program or there may be penalties! Contact your local ACS to recertify!