ATTN 3rd ID Soldiers:You cannot get an ID Card at the DEERS office. You MUST go to your Brigade S1 shop.
The Fort Stewart-Hunter Army Airfield DEERS/RAPIDS Customer Service Team provides world-class support to more than 150,000 eligible beneficiaries throughout our region of support. We service Retirees, GS Civilians, Contractors, Family Members, Tenant Units, National Guard, Reservist, and all enrollments of Family Members.
Be Prepared for Your Appointment
Lost or Stolen ID Cards
Lost or Stolen ID Cards
- Lost or stolen CAC cards require a MPD Form 506-E. Click Here for MPD Form 506-E
- Military complete form 506-E. Must be signed by E-6 or above.
- Civilians complete form 506-E. It must be signed by GS-11 or above.
- Contractors complete form 506-E. Must be signed by a Supervisor.
- Family Members/Dependents: A DD Form 1172-2 will be used if the sponsor is present. If the sponsor is not present; the Family Member must have a MPD Form 506-E (MP Report) plus two forms of ID; with one being a valid, not expired photo ID.
Forms of identification
Click HERE to see a list of acceptable documents.
First ID Card for stepchildren and parents
What to bring when enrolling family members:
- Stepchild: To enroll a stepchild, sponsors will need the original or certified copy of the marriage certificate, the child's original birth certificate, and social security card.
- Parent: To enroll a parent or parent in-law, sponsors have to:
(1) Fill out a secondary dependency packet, DD Form 137-3; which you can get at the DEERS /ID CARD Center or Click Here for DD Form 0137-3
(2) Once completed, send the DD Form 137-3 to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service; either by mail, fax, or electronically. If approved, DFAS will send you back a Determination Letter and an DD Form 1172-2.
(3) Bring those two forms in addition to the parent's birth certificate, photo ID and social security card (If a US Citizen). We have to show the connection between parent and child so we also need the birth certificate of the child (Who is now the sponsor) of the parents we are enrolling. (Don't forget to bring your parents.)
How to Add Family Members
ADDING FAMILY MEMBERS, FORMER SPOUSE
Marriage Certificate/License, final Divorce Decree, DD Form 214 (Copy 4), if available, Military ID Card (DD Form 1173), photo ID issued by state or local government, and SS Card.
ADDING FAMILY MEMBERS, CHILDREN
(If parents are not married, see illegitimate child section below), birth certificate (must also show the name of at least one parent), and social security card.
ADDING FAMILY MEMBERS, STEP CHILDREN
Marriage Certificate/License, birth certificate (must also show the name of at least one parent), and social security card
ADDING FAMILY MEMBERS, ADOPTED CHILDREN
Final Adoption Decree or documentation from authorized placement agency under the Department of Human Services, birth certificate and social security card.
ADDING FAMILY MEMBERS, WARD
Court order granting custody to the Sponsor. The court order must stipulate that the child will be in the care and custody of the Sponsor for no less than twelve (12) consecutive months. Birth certificate and SS card.
ADDING FAMILY MEMBERS, ILLEGITIMATE CHILD
Birth certificate, social security card, and one of the following: Voluntary acknowledgment of paternity from the State in which the child was born or court order establishing paternity.
ADDING FAMILY MEMBERS, CHILD BORN OVERSEAS
FS 240 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad) or DS Form 1350 (Certification of Report of Birth) and social security card.