You Are Not Alone! If you or someone you know is experiencing a life-threatening emergency or is attempting to commit suicide, the first response is to call 911.
There are many other programs offered at Stewart-Hunter to promote team building, communication, and to help build resiliency. These programs include financial readiness programs, Family Advocacy Programs, chaplains, and behavioral health counseling services.
Locally, you can call for other urgent mental health concerns. Specialists are available during normal duty hours (Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.):
- Fort Stewart Behavioral Health Clinic (1083 Worcester Ave., building 9242), (912) 767-1654 or (912) 767-1647.
- Army Substance Abuse Program: (912)-767-8667.
- Army Community Services: (912)767-5058
- Fort Stewart Family Life Chaplains: (912) 767-1814 or (912) 767-1814/5409 or (912) 767-1647
- Mental Health Community/Military and Family Life Consultants (1083 Worcester Ave., building 9242), 912-432-8980.
- Family Support Issues/Family Readiness Center (191 Lindquist Rd., building 87), (912) 767-5058
- Hunter Army Airfield Tuttle Army Health Clinic (230 Duncan Drive, Building 1440): (912) 315-4240/6125. Call 911 for non-duty hours or visit Winn Army Community Hospital Emergency Room.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Army OneSource Help Line 1-800-342-9647
- Army Suicide Prevention Website http://armyg1.army.mil/hr/suicide/default.asp
- VETS4WARRIORS - 1-855-838-8255 (1-855-VET-TALK)
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line (24/7), 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1) http://www.veteranscrisisline.net or text information is 838255.
- NJ VETS2VETS - 1-866-838-7654 (1-866-VETS-NJ4)
- Suicide Prevention Task Force Manager: 767-5828.
There is an on-call Chaplain on duty 24/7. Contact the Division Operations Center at (912) 767-8667 to request chaplain assistance for yourself or for someone you believe is depressed and in danger of harming themselves.
Remember You Are Not Alone! Download this tool for quick reference.
Additional and other Health related sites can be found at: