ID Cards & Deers

Welcome to the Fort Stewart-Hunter Army Airfield ID Cards DEERS Center

Make an Appointment

  • 1. The DEERS and ID Card Center is 100 percent appointment.
  • 2. Emergency customers will be given our next available appointment.
  • 3. Soldiers not in our primary customer base will be referred back to their Brigade.
  • 4. Dependents, retirees, civilians, contractors and Soldiers of Garrison, MEDDAC, DENTAC, 91st MP Battalion, Reserves, National Guard and Sister Services.



The Fort Stewart-Hunter Army Airfield DEERS/RAPIDS Customer Service Team provides world-class support to more than 150,000 eligible beneficiaries throughout our region of support. We service retirees, GS civilians contractors, Family Members, tenant units, National Guard, Reservist, and all enrollments of Family Members.


Fort Stewart Soldier Service Center, 55 Pony Soldier Road, Building 253, Suite 1103, Fort Stewart, GA 31314. Phone: (912) 767-4909, Fax: 912-767-8674

Hunter Army Airfield Soldier and Family Service Center, 171 Haley Ave., Buliding 1286, Hunter Army Airfield, GA 31409. Phone: (912) 315-5726, Fax: 912-315-6296

Hours of Operation:

Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri: 8am to 3:30pm

Thursday: 8am to 2:30pm

closed weekends and federal holidays, Open on DONSA's.

Lost or Stolen ID Cards

  • Lost or stolen CAC cards require a MPD Form 506-E.
  • Military complete form 506-E. Must be signed by E-6 or above.
  • Civilians complete form 506-E. It must be signed by GS-11.
  • Contractors complete form 506-E. Must be signed by a Supervisor.
  • Family Members/Dependents: A DD Form 1172-2 will be used if the sponsor is present. If the sponsor is not presnet; the Family member must have a MPD Form 506-E (MP Report) plus two forms of ID; with one being a valid, not expired photo ID.

Required Documents/Pre-Arrival Checks

Initial Enrollment

  • Stepchild: To encroll a stepchild, sponsors will need the original or certified copy of the marriage certificate, the child's original birth certificate, and social security card.
  • Parent: To enroll a parent or parent in-law, sponsors have to:
    (1) Fill out a secondary dependency packet, DD Form 137-3; which you can get at the DEERS /ID CARD Center.
    (2) Once complete, send the DD Form 137-3 to th eDefense Finance and Accounting Service; either by mail, fax, or electronically. If approved, DFAS will send you back a determination Letter and an DD Form 1172-2.
    (3) Bring those two forms in addition to the parent's birth certificate, photo ID and social security card (If a US Citizen). We have to show the connection between parent and child so we also need the birth certificate of the child (Who is now the sponsor) of the parents we are enrolling. (Don't forget to bring your parents.)

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Follow the links offereded under Pre-Arrival Checks and Intial Enrollment, to address the most frequent questions.
  • For all other questions, call (912) 767-4909.

Contact us

  • Follow the link above that applies to you, or contact us directly to schedule an appointment athat meets your busy schedule.
  • Fort Stewart Phone: (912) 767-4909; (DSN 870); Fax: (912) 767-8674.

    Soldier Service does not begin until 8:45 a.m.