Roles and Responsibilities
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY Advisor
Provide equal opportunity advice, support, and training to Commanders, Equal Opportunity Advisers, Service Members, Department of the Army Civilians, and Family Members, assigned and or attached to the 3rd Infantry Division. The Division EOA -
(1) Assists the Commander in addressing EO climate detractors.
(2) Continuously assists the Commander in the conduct of unit climate assessments.
(3) Prepares and assists the Commander in the conduct of EO training.
(4) Establish and maintain liaison with subordinate unit EORs.
(5) Assists commanders and assigned project officers in preparing and conducting ethnic observances and special commemorations.
(6) Assist complainants by referring them to an appropriate agency for assistance. EORs may not conduct investigations and are not trained to fully advise AR 15–6 investigating officers in their conduct of EO complaint investigations. Any commissioned officer performing the additional duty of an EOR may be asked (in the capacity of a commissioned officer and as a disinterested, third party) to conduct investigations. Yet, those situations should not concern EO complaints within their organization.
(7) Serve as a resource person for EO matters in the unit.
The Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program reinforces the Army's commitment to eliminate incidents of sexual assault through a comprehensive policy that centers on awareness and prevention, training and education, victim advocacy, response, reporting, and accountability. Army policy promotes sensitive care and confidential reporting for victims of sexual assault and accountability for those who commit these crimes.